Tuesday, December 4, 2012

We're all going on a City Holiday~ Clever Charlotte Finch shorts Oliver+S Class Picnic blouse Oliver+s Field Trip tee Vogue 8759 shirt OOP Vogue 1753 top and shorts

The Fab Three were going off to camp.
In the past,the city camp was 'school uniform' required,so I went on a uniform sewing session a few months back.
However,the 'powers that be' decided to make this one casual.
Slight problem,not enough smart things for hot weather.
These children grow!
The oliver+s Field Trip Tee is proving a firm favourite in our house. This is a size 12 in a very stretchy lycra knit.
The Clever Charlotte Finch Shorts are another frequently requested item.
These are a size 8. They are quite a roomy fit considering my Twins wear a size 12 O+S bottoms.
I used a medium weight drill.
Another O+S pattern the Class Picnic Top is a very smart little piece,offering good sun protection. This is a size 12 which has plenty of room and the slighty higher yoke will give ease for a bust.
The fabric is from Tula Pinks Parisville collection.
The shorts are the lovely Finch,again in cotton drill.
The same combination of patterns,this time is shot cotton for the blouse and a lovely soft linen for the shorts.
Different fabrics give a completely different look.
I sewed another Field Trip tee in some buttery soft City Weekend interlock to wear with some lilac Finch shorts.
And Elsa requested a lemon coloured ribboned trimmed belt.
This was simply some cotton webbing with two D rings salvaged from an old school bag.
Hugo picked a vintage pattern and chose some hanky linen for the shirt and a linen/cotton mix for the shorts.
Giving the stinking hot weather it was a good choice in hind sight.
Hugo is more a shirt then a tee man. This Vogue 8759 style is BullRush shirting was a good fit and looked snappy paired with the Vogue 1753 shorts in a taupe linen.
I finished up with three new pillowcases as I was not too keen to send them off with my nice white ones.

Despite the hot weather they had a blast.
Unfortunately,Elsa twisted her ankle iceskating and is still on crutches and Hugo will have a fine scar where he split his cheek falling minute later.
Both still agree it was a great camp.

Many thanks to the teachers and parents that helped out.

xx N

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE the grey stripe tee. I am a sucker for stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,I must admit I wouldn't mine one either....
      xx N

      Delete
  2. I'm completely smitten by your gorgeous creations, Nicole (kids and clothes, lol)!
    So sorry to hear about Elsa's twisted ankle and Hugo's scar :(
    Growing up in style is never easy :) Kisses, Ana Sofia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana Sofia!
      Poor Elsa is till limping,its a good thing it is not netball season!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. You certainly sent your older kids off to camp in style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy,it was fun to see them put their outfits together.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. You are a legend! Those clothes are just so amazing - how on earth do you find the time? They all look totally funky but still age appropriate which I always find an issue with RTW. Your kids could be fashion models :) I am hoping to find my sewing mojo today as it has been sadly absent for some time. I have everything I need for my entire piece and your post may be just enough motivation for me to finally get started. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian!
      I have had a rotten week chasing my tail and your comment has given me such a boost!

      I loathe RTW for young adults,especially girls! I love that my tribe are happy to wear home sewn.

      I really hope you got to your sewing today,usually once you get started.....
      xx N

      Delete
  5. What great outfits. I need to pull out my finch pattern again. I love Hugo's shirt and shorts too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rachel.
    Love the Finch shorts and Hugo definitely likes his shirts!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously smart outfits, Nicole - love all the shorts - and the tops, and the shirts!
    Glad they are home safely, and hope your week get better...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Justine,it felt good to sew things they actually need!
    It is very nice to have them home and thank you for your kindness.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  9. The grey top with the pink shorts is my favourite. I'd love one of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Sharon,I wish I had enough left to make me one too!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, awesome sewing, I especially love those Finch shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jane.
    Love the finch shorts,Justine has made some for Rosie too!
    xxN
    PS What's my coffee,####

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly, there is no way I could ever pick a favorite out of all these outfits. So stylish for camp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Brittney and the best thing is,that is pretty well summer going out clothes sorted!
    Anything else is a bonus!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete