I will admit it.
I like a good list.
Write something down and it generally gets done.
My sewing rota has served me well. Hugo has printed me up a list with each family member's name and a space for their sewing choice.
Even Baby has a turn.
And now I added 'Gifts'.
Hopefully, it will help me get a bit more organised before Christmas.
First up, dolly clothes.
I used this pattern McCalls M6233
As Lidia and Matilda's dollies are quite small, 14'' height, there is not a lot out there to choose from. I was pleasantly surprised by this pattern.
It looks a little ho-hum but sews up sooo well!.
Who would have thought it would look like this?
I used the scraps from this little outfit
(I always made dolls clothes to match the Twins outfits, poor little daughter #4)
The pattern has excellent instructions and was not too fiddly at all.
(Not how I remember dolly clothes sewing)
It has velcro fastenings for easy dressing.
It even has teeny tiny facings!
Due to the narrow seam allowances I couldn't use my overlocker to finish but a narrow zigzag worked sufficiently well.
The dress is a wee bit wide for Elizabeth, nothing that a sash won't take care off.
Next I made a cape, firmly knocking off the instructions from the LTTS cape.
(The pattern is based on a professional pattern, if you are interested in it, let me know in the comments)
Using the scraps from this coat.
I am very proud of the wee hand holes.
I decided to use ribbon for ties to encourage those fine motor skills.
My hand holes were a tad low.
I made sure I wrapped these little things up straight away so I am not tempted to give them to Elizabeth (and Matilda early)