Friday, December 19, 2014

Merry Christmas Eoin

I love sewing for little girls.
But sewing for baby boys is nice too.
A teeny Sketchbook shirt for my favourite cousins sweet baby boy.
Sewn up in Liberty Capel who can resist it?
I love this pattern, it is such a quick sew for a baby boy shirt but the neck and collar can cause a few problems.
If you get the seam allowance even a tiny bit out on each seam, the collar won't fit!
May I be so bold as to recommend my tutorial for sewing the shirt.
A wee collar stand is so bonnie on a little man.

I hope it fits!

xx N

7 comments:

  1. Dear Nicole, thank you for all your encouragement, and praise of my sewing during 2014. Thank you also for your generous sharing of your skills, and testing of Oliver + S patterns. And the biggest thank you - for sharing your growing children, the wonderful clothes you make them, and the triumphs and difficulties of a family of 8 - plus animals. Miss B is coming along beautifully, and I hope your family's Christmas is a very special one after a demanding year.

    Affectionately, and gratefully, Fiona.

    PS: Nearly finished my first Swing Set; your tutorial was very reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you Fiona.
      I appreciate you taking the time to comment and wish you many happy sewing hours next year!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. It's so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It was a bit tight for his wee chubby neck but his Mummy didn't seem to mind
      xx N

      Delete
  3. You are so generous, what a perfect shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little shirt :) and what a cute little boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kristin, I hope you are keeping well.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete