Saturday, October 3, 2015

When you have to get dressed

More clothes for Mummy.
How does the saying go? When you have to get dressed but don't want to get dressed.
First, a neat tee.
I first saw this pattern on Flickr. The lovely MC had made a very groovy version and I when I commented on it she offered to send the pattern to me.
How awesome is that?
My bust measurement put me in a large (!) but I went with the medium as I was using a very stretchy knit.
I really like the hi-lo hemline. I wondered if I was not a little old but the Twins assured me I wasn't.
The fabric was again from Eliza's , a lovely cotton/modal in a nude pinky tan colour.
It looks lovely but was not so lovely to sew. I may have likened it to sewing snot. Stretchy and slippery but worth it and only $3/m.
Next up some neat house pants.
The Hudson pants.
This style of pant is not something I have worn since school days but according to The Twins, I needed them.
I am pleasantly surprised at how nice they are.
Neat and not sloppy at all.
I sewed them up in some more cotton/modal knit.
I like cotton/modal.
For when you have to get dressed but don't want to. Check!

The nitty gritty Kitty!
Simplicity 1463
I love this tee pattern. I made the medium and will stick to that in this soft fabric. To be honest, I think I would only sew this up in a draping fabric or it may be less elegant and more 80's batwing on me!
I have seen some teeny tiny girls pull it off.
Definitely a generous fit. Consider sizing down. I have read the arm bands can be a bit firm but mine are fine.
I think it took me less time to sew then to cut and pin but I recommend matching your notches and taking your time to get a professional result.
I have several more pieces of cotton/modal earmarked now....

Hudson Pants.
I am super surprised by how much I like these pants on me!
They are a nice sew with natty details on the pocket and neat ankle cuffs.
I would wonder about adding some length (if you are tall) as I am only 5'3 and they were perfect for my height.
I think I may leave the draw cord off my next pair as I would only wear them with an untucked top.

A great house / run to the school/ off to gym type pant.
I wear mine a lot 
(and fight them off the Twins AND hey even look good on Hugo)!

See you 'round like a rissole 

xx N

12 comments:

  1. They both look great! I have been thinking about Hudson pants for ages, I must have bought the pattern a year ago. But I think I am worried they will be really unflattering on my shape. Good to hear how much you love yours! I need some teenage girls as fashion advisers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are nice Jane, I wouldn't be wearing them out for a meal, but housey pants or to dive into town for milk? No problems.
    Thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great togs! I have been eyeing that pants pattern but haven't pulled the trigger. I worry the tapered leg would not work so well on a thicker calf ... but I do like the shape. The top looks nice too - I spit out my soda when I read sewing snot." Glad it does not feel like wearing snot ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Masha.
      I am happier with a 'flowy' feel to these rather then the firmer fit too. I just sized up.
      It was awful to sew but it is nice on.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. You look chic and comfortable. I really like the pants. And you must be doing something right if your teenagers want to borrow them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anne, either very right or very very wrong!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh I love those pants!! They are going on my must get list for sure. The top is cute too, looks great as an outfit. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice Kristin. I think in this drapey fabric they are a bit smarter looking too.
      Thank you.
      xx N

      Delete
  7. I don't have the Hudson Pants but have Papercut Anima which are similar. I love mine especially for at home days! You really can't go past knit pants and tees for comfort and it really is a huge bonus if they look good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I will have to check those out, thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  8. I think I'll have to try the Hudson pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Rachel, they even do teeny ones for your size!
      xx N

      Delete