He picked my up a remnant of Japanese denim, for me and I just managed to squeeze a pinny, for Tildy, from it.
I used a vintage pattern, Simplicity 8374 and added two asymmetric pockets (Tilly chose the placement, showing me where her hands sat comfortably)
There was not enough fabric left for the facings so I used some scraps from Tildy's Music Class blouse.
I have a hankering to sew a jacket in it.
I used heavy, copper coloured top stitching thread.
The pinny ended up a wee bit short but will look very cute over leggings.
The pockets I love because they are all on the side.
It is so cute and really almost works with anything.
I love it and it works with my hairstyle.
It is also perfect size for my tiny, tiny hands.
A very nice vintage pattern.
I do like the way they were a lot more fabric conscious in the 60's and 70's. Material was generally narrower and the pattern drafters seen to take that into account. The fact that I was able to cut this from a remnant is testament to that.
I prefer facings to binding on heavier fabric, it reduces under arm bulk which can be uncomfortable.
As for the fabric, sometimes I wish my stash would self-combust so I could buy ALL my material from The Drapery.
Believe the hype about Japanese denim, it is that nice.
Thank you for reading