Sunday, November 17, 2019

Oliver+S Music Class blouse for Beatrix

I have been cleaning up my macbook to make some space and I keep finding cute things to blog.
Case in point.
A gorgeous little Music Class blouse by Oliver+S which has been one of the hardest working pieces in Trixie's wardrobe.
I have lost count of how many of these dear little blouses I have sewn, I know I have sewn every size.
I can cut a size 5, #ninjacutting it with Hugo's Aime Comme Marie shirt.
Which makes Liberty a touch more affordable 
I couldn't quite get the collar out so I decided to use plain white lawn and pieced enough scraps to make a ruffle.
It's a bit frou-frou, it's a bit 80's but I like it!
Trixie's clothes are not fussy, as a rule and I think the little touch of priss is nice!
~My Verdict~
A lovely sew. It's a good pattern to size up as you can flip the cuffs back.
It must be roomy enough to be comfortable as Trixie chooses her own clothes and this is picked every week.
A truly classic blouse pattern.
~Trixie's Verdict~
I like the collar, it is like petals, like a flower. I like the buttons, I like flowers.
It is soft, very soft.
I wish it was purple.
I wish Mumma buyed me that flower hat....

I guess I need to find some purple Liberty...

Thank you for reading... xx N 

10 comments:

  1. Adorable, the blouse too! Love the mustard colour and your fabulous sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I love mustard and dusky pink together.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Here's an enabling thought:

    If you can get a business account with Birch Haberdashery and get Liberty Lawn for the wholesale price. You have to buy the whole 10 metre roll, but, it is about a third of the retail price... details on their website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you naughty person, I do have an ABN... its for sheep, does that count?
      Seriously, how gorgeous would that be?
      xx N

      Delete
    2. Sheep are closer to fabric than an allied health business!
      https://www.birchcreative.com.au/faqs/
      Look at creating an online account... you can visit them too. They may partially fill the void that Eliza's will create when they close later this year.

      Happy hunting!

      Delete
    3. You are so kind!
      I have been searching for another fabric shop, this may fill the void. I really appreciate the link.
      We will visit Vic again, next year, the girl are super keen to do the Melbourne Eye 'thingy'
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I really like the white contrast on the collar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I will put this one aside for your little girl.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. Trixie's comments are priceless! I may steal this idea and start having my kids provide comments on the things I make them, because it's always my favorite part of your reviews! "I wish it was purple." SO GOOD. It's a darling blouse and I like the mustard gold color better than purple, SO THERE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do!
      It's a lot of fun and quite informative to find out what they like, like PURPLE!
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete