Wednesday, April 15, 2020

OOP Simplicity 7367 Dungarees and Top for Beatrix




Now, I adore little people in dungarees
Particularly this little person.

I received this pattern in a bag of passed on sewing goodies.
I really like the back of the dungarees, I thought the extra height (in the back) would keep Trixie warm and be very comfortable.
I did fold some fullness out of the lower leg to make a straight leg rather then a bellbottom.
The front yoke is a nice length and does not roll up or drag when Trixie dresses herself.
As my main fabric is stretchy I didn't interface the whole facing, just a double layer behind the button hole placement lines.
The buttons are enamelled coconut shell, a favourite of mine, and are available from eBay
I like to do a double row of buttons for growth.
I stitched them with red thread, for fun!
The side fastens with a loop and button.
Trixie can manage theses fine on her own but as the fabric is so stretchy she doesn't need to undo them when toilet-ing.
I really like early stretch knit patterns. They are often constructed like a woven with 'stretch for comfort' so they have all the nice details.
The top has subtle shaping at the waist and a back zipper for ease of dressing (Trixie dislikes things being pulled over her face so this is great for her).
I played around with the neck and made it a bit higher and used elastic roulette for buttoning. It's cute but overkill and Trixie needs help to do it up. She doesn't mind wearing it though.
The sleeve cap is meant to be eased in but I pushed the gathers up to the shoulder point to make a 'puff'.
The knit is the scraps from Lidia's 80's style jumper (to be blogged) and Tilly's 70's style top (to be blogged). It is a poly/cotton embossed fabric from Eliza's Fabric . I wasn't able to be as fussy with the embossed pattern match up on this top but as it is mostly behind a bib I just focused on grain lines.
I found the hessian buttons on eBay but, sadly, they no longer are available.
The dungaree fabric is from Spotlight.
Normally Spotlight's cord is not the best quality but this is really nice!
Very, very stretchy!
I made Elsa some dungarees (to be blogged) 
(from the same fabric) and they are so comfortable!
I may need a pair for myself!
Dungarees are the perfect home clothes for Trixie.
She is nice and warm, comfortable and tidy but if Dad needs help shifting stock she is ready to go!
They look so snappy over her collection of Liberty shirts.
~Trixie's Verdict~
I like the buttons, they is pink, I just like pink.
I like my pink shirt, and I like dungarees. I like these socks and shoes.
(Dungarees) Are good for farming. They are good for driving the ute.

~My Verdict~
I love this pattern!
Both pieces are just so cute and still very wearable now.
The pattern is a size 4 and Trixie is 5 years old but with the ease in the stretch fabric they are a great fit.
A super cute vintage pattern.



Thank you for reading.... xx Nicole 

4 comments:

  1. I love Trixie's dungarees. In fact I'm so jealous I may even consider making myself a pair. They'd certainly stop me getting a cold back when I'm bent over the garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!
      I think I may have to make a pair, this fabric is so nice and stretchy
      Thank you Margaret, enjoy your garden.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. These are so cute and I love the buttons! I made a denim style jacket for myself out of this fabric and the stretch makes it super comfortable to wear. Hope Trixie loves playing in her new overalls. ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿจ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karen!
    A jacket is a great idea, it is such nice fabric and that would eliminate that 'bi-cep grip' which bothers me (I have bursitis and can't bear firmness there)
    I did pick up a bit of black on sale, Liddy and I are arguing over it, I figure she doesn't NEED the stretch and I do!
    I hope you are keeping safe and well.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete