Thursday, May 18, 2023

Mood Lavender tee for Lidia


 Another sewing SOS from Lidia.

Tee shirts, looser fit but snappy, must look good with trousers. Neutral colours to work with her existing wardrobe.

I had previously downloaded the Mood Lavender tee and I liked the look of the line drawing.
I pulled some super soft, super stretchy cotton/modal from my stash. All of these knits came from my beloved Elizas, now sadly shut.
The original tee is very fitted, so I sewed the 8/10 when Liddy's measurements put her in the size 4. It gave us a nice shape but with the ease through the body we were after.

There is a lot of length in this tee. Great for Lids as she is long in the body but as you can see on  Matilda (modelling here) I would shorten it or it would be too much to tuck.
I decided to self bind the neck as I find this best when working with soft knits.
To do this, I double the width of the neckband, attach it so the raw edge is on the right side, press down, pin and then cover-stitch in place.
Ding ding, we have a winner!
A snappy, dressy but uber comfortable tee.

When I sew knits, I fussy sew. I definitely do not 'whip them up'. I find by taken lots of care with pinning, matching notches and pressing I get a quality garment that is up there with a RTW item of clothing.

~Lidia's Verdict~
 I soon found that on non-clinical days,  my cohort dressed quite casually as the clinical attire was not required and many classes had an early start. 

I as a general rule I don’t really wear casual attire when I study. I find in relaxed clothes I have a very relaxed mindset and it’s harder for me to learn. I did some Pinteresting and found I really liked the look of a boxy neat T-shirt tucked into nice trousers. 

I sent a request to Mumma, looking for something soft but neat. As always she delivered exactly what I was after. She made them so quickly and I had them the very next week. 

Unfortunately the cold has come in quickly so I haven’t worn them as much as planned this season but I’ll definitely wear them more next! 

The fabrics are lovely. I really like the longer length meaning they  nicely tuck in. If I was to change anything it would be to have a slightly wider neck line, just because I like fabric off my clavicles, but that’s me being really fussy. 

They look so cute and are exactly what I imagined. Thanks Mumma! 



~My Verdict~
A nice tee pattern. For a free pattern it is very good. I need to try it in the fitted style too, Tilly is quite keen on that.
While I was looking for a neat tee pattern I also found the Jane tee by an absolutely delightful person by the name of Kaia Meier. After corresponding with her via her Instagram she kindly sent me a copy. I had already started Lidia's by then but I will definitely sewing that pattern up too.

Thank you for reading .... xx Nicole 





No comments:

Post a Comment