Its the gorgeous Sunki from Figgy's Patterns.
We both love it but the fit was a bit wide for her tiny frame and it was falling off her shoulder.
I have just enough fabric to make another from the Ikat but I thought I would make a muslin first.
After cutting out the Ayashe blouse in the short and long sleeve views for Tildy I had enough scraps to whip up a muslin. I didn't intend to finish it-just sew enough to get a better idea of fit.
But it turned out so cute I HAD to sew it up!
I was lucky enough to get some tips from the designer herself.
By simply moving the pattern front and back over the edge of the fabric(by half an inch in Tildy's case)it removed the extra ease without changing the look of the dress at all.
I added about three inches to the hem to make it less tunic/more dress.
I felt is was a little wishy washy for winter so I fished out some very very old cotton ribbon with a dainty crochet trim. There was just enough to add a piece to the front and make a tiny bow.
The lime green buttons were Tildy's choice.
To continue the 'Mod' look I used a dark charcoal zipper.
I like it peeping out.
The alteration doesn't affect the pockets one little bit.
There you have it......a pair of Sunki's(groan)
Next up Ayashe blouse and skirt.