Friday, November 29, 2013

Canberra, here we come!

The bags are packed.
All brand new unmentionables for camp.

The new uniforms have been sewn.
The beautiful Bleuet dress by Deer and Doe.
With a sneaky Liberty trim.
Comfortable clothes for their first plane trip.
Interestingly, its the same vintage pattern.
 My sweet friend Katy managed to find a copy too. I can't wait to see her elegant English interpretation. 
And of course there will be time for play....
I adore Elsa's adaptation  of this pattern.
And she purchased the fabric herself!
 We used the same pattern  for these shorts.
I just put the zipper at the back.
A light dress was needed in case the weather turned.
I thoroughly enjoyed sewing this one.
Many thanks to my clever friends for their helpful advice.
(In dress making and soothing 14 year old girls)
Sigh.....
And we mustn't forget rest.
The Oliver+S Sleepover pyjamas  in a snuggly Spotters flannelette.
 Zara used the same pattern as Elsa did for her blouse.
But this fabulous one for the shorts.
 Rather then have another casual outfit made, Zara decided to take her Deer and Done Belladone dress.
As I made it from a stretchy drill it is super comfortable.
But we felt a light Summer frock was in order too.
I am super proud of my cutting with this dress. I had scraps left from this dress and it took some serious wiggling and a contrast back to get it out.
The skirt is bias cut, I was so lucky to get it to work.
More Sleepover Pyjama's.
(Knit bottoms for a bit more ease over Zara's fab botty)

Now, what about Beamish Boy I hear you say?
He hasn't grown much.

So his Birthday jeans and his clobber from last year still fit.
Just a bit firmer, which he thinks makes him look quite fit!
He also has a variety of kwik sew polos.

I must add I have no idea what he wears as pyjamas!

So, on Sunday, they fly out from the City.

I will miss them.

But they will have such fun!

xx N

18 comments:

  1. Ooh, everything looks just fabulous! Fantastic work! Your children are so very lucky to have a mother who outfits them in style of their own choosing (great taste, I might add!)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany.
      I have my Beautiful Biggies home again, they looked so smart getting off the plane.

      xx N

      Delete
  2. Nicole you have been sewing up a storm lately. Look at their huge new wardrobe! You must have a huge sense of accomplishment!
    How long will they be gone? 1 week, 2 weeks? But for sure back in time for Christmas, right? I would miss my kids, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in a hole this week Rachel!
      They were only gone 4 days but it felt so long. Very happy to have them all home again.
      Two children is not enough for me!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. You did such a fabulous job on everything! I sure they will be the envy of all the girls at camp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon, I love that you understand.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. wow. I really love what you've made. Inspires me to go sew up some of my vintage patterns :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, do it. They are a great sew.
      Thank you.
      xx N

      Delete
  5. Such lucky girls - and I love that they take so much part in the creation process. I guess they've been learning for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have learnt the hard way, if they have a say they are happier to wear it.
      Thank you.
      xx N

      Delete
  6. Oh my, such a stylish wardrobe - love the colors and the patterns!
    Clever girls and a very talented (and patient) mom always produce the best results :-)
    Hope they have a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ana Sofia. The girls said there was much 'oohing and ahing' at their bags. That made me so happy.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in awe of all this gorgeous sewing! Lucky lucky girls. Glad to hear they looked great coming off the plane - I must work on that myself!
    I am on tenterhooks waiting for my pattern, why do some things take so long to come, I am itching to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy.
      I must admit, the week they were away, I just blobbied and played with my little girls.
      I simply wait to see what you make. I am wondering if you will go with traditional white?
      xx N

      Delete
    2. Hmm I haven't decided, I might see what she fancies and make a couple of different ones. It arrived yesterday and the pattern is immaculate. So happy!

      Delete
  9. You have been a busy mama! As always I am in admiration of your sewing, gorgeous patterns, gorgeous fit, gorgeous kids. So perfect. Hope they enjoyed camp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Brittney.
    I often feel guilty that our children miss out on things like phones and Facebook. If I can make them nice things and help them feel groovy that way, I will.

    They had a blast, by the way.

    xx N

    ReplyDelete