Sunday, June 15, 2014

Baby

I have made my babies first outfit.
Would you like a peep?
Its the gorgeous new pattern by Oliver+S
The Lullaby Layette
It is just so sweet!
First up, the body suit.
I sewed this is charcoal hailspot muslin that two of my sweet friends  Sarvi and Colette bought for the baby.
This can be made with short or long sleeves.
It has a good length front tab, a poppered opening for nappy changes and sweet elastic gathered legs.
The poppers I purchased from the Oliver+S shop
Good and roomy too, I am pretty sure it will go over a cloth nappy.
The back has a nice pleat to add some room with out being too pouffy.
Next up the top.
I made is up in white hailspot muslin.
Again you can make it short or long sleeved.
I used sweet teddy bear MOP buttons sent to me by my sweet friend  Claire. Red thread to complement the cardy that was the inspiration for the whole ensemble.
The top has a gentle A-line that falls beautifully in a soft fabric.
The pants are deliciously bloomy.
The back leg wraps around the front, a very cute detail.
And speaking of the back.
Check out these pockets!
So cute.
Another lovely gift, some cute ribbon from the lovely MC, make a sweet tag.
Finally, the dear little fully lined jacket.
It has a very nifty construction (so clever) and a bound edge.
It could be worn completely reversed.
As advised I used poppers for fastenings.
How lovely is this?

All these lovely things were made to co-ordinate with the absolutely breath taking cardys knitted for me by my sweet friend, Sarvi.
This one, sigh
And this little cutey!

Aren't I spoilt?

xx N

31 comments:

  1. This will become very well dressed baby, and how could it not be with your sewing skill and so many lovely gifts contributing to the garments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried when I opened the parcel Shelley. Just so perfect.
      The wool is like nothing I have ever handled.
      Sarvi has the most exquisite taste.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's so beautiful! I love the entire combo!
    I'm pretty sure this will be a very well dressed baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana Sofia, handling these tiny things make it all very real!
      Eeep, a new baby!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Squee!!! So much cuteness here! I can't wait to see them on the little bub! Impeccable sewing as always, Nicole. I can't wait to sew up this little layette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inder, it is such a lovely sew but with the bound neck and edges very 'finished' and very 'O+S'.

      We are all getting quite excited!
      xx N

      Delete
  4. I love how much love and friendship went into this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much Sarvi, I cannot thank you enough.
      I can't wait to show my little one off to you on Skype.
      xx N

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, all of it! Hmm... absolutely no clues here as to boy or girl, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is suitably unisex Jane.
      Thank you

      xx N

      Delete
  6. Thank you Jane, the Fab Five are going crazy trying to get it out of me.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so precious!
    Thank you for giving us a close up of the layette set, it is nice to see all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My absolute pleasure Katy, and thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole ensemble is cute beyond words! And all the love and friendship that went into it makes it even more special! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky to have made lovely friends all over the world. To use beautiful notions they have sent me brings me such pleasure.
      Thank you Brittany, I am getting very excited now.
      xx N

      Delete
  10. I have no wee babes to sew for nor are any on the horizon for another decade or so but I am buying this pattern and shamelessly copying you. You are my inspiration! Congratulations on the impending arrival, by the way. Your babe will be beautiful in these threads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, thank you, what a seriously lovely thing to say.
    Its a great pattern and would make great gifts.

    I am thoroughly enjoying this pregnancy, thank you!

    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, Nicole. I love it! What a lucky babe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have all my baby things but I really wanted this baby to have some thing new and special.
      Its a great pattern, I highly recommend it. Thank you.
      xx N

      Delete
  13. Wow- it is all beautiful! Nice to see close-ups of the different items. I just ordered the pattern and we'll see if my chunky guy can still fit into the biggest sizes. If not, they'll be good gifts I suppose. And those sweaters are absolutely lovely. Look forward to seeing pictures of a very well-dressed baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, I hope it fits!
      I think it would make wonderful grown up baby shirts with the bottoms in denim.
      xx N

      Delete
  14. This is the most wonderful layette! There are so many lovely options with these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just too precious and all filled with so much love. It's exciting too as you enter the last trimester. Not much longer to go!
    When the new baby arrives, will you change your blog name or simply name the baby "and Counting" to avoid confusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three months to go Deb and I am sure it will fly by.
    Thank you, it is a gorgeous wee layette to sew.
    (And re the blog, Jed says 'Six and Out'
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such precious little clothes. Little person has no idea what's waiting in store for him or her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy, its only 3 months now, 2 if I do my usual and go early!
      xx N

      Delete
  18. This is really beautiful and I am very tempted to get the pattern for our baby which is coming this way very soon... Congratulations and again this is the most beautiful layette I have seen....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much and congratulations to you!

    I don't think you would be disappointed with this pattern, a good size range too.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete