Monday, September 29, 2014

Art&Music

Back to sweet Lidia.
I had made her Music Class blouse .
But then took a break to make Zara and Elsa's posh frocks.
Time to finish her turn!
The Oliver+S Art Museum trousers
But as jeans.
Distressed jeans!
After a little research we decided on the 'tailors chalk and sand paper method'.
The cheese grater seemed a bit too aggressive.
Lidia popped on the 'jeans' and did some 'burpee's' (an exercise) to crease them up nicely and then I marked the creases with the chalk.
Time for the sandpaper. 
I used a plastic container as a support inside the jeans leg and gently rubbed with 180 grade paper.
Evidently, less is more as the effect will increase with laundering.
I am not convinced and was really cross when I accidentally  rubbed a hole!
Liddy was delighted, soooo trendy.
Finished!
Heavy red denim, distressed, size 7 with the length of a size 12.
Jeans topstitching, metal jeans button.
Super soft Japanese lawn from Spotlight peeking out from the pocket bags.
And the waist band.
Nice long legs for my long legged beauty.
A snappy little outfit
I hope it lives up to her inspiration......

xx N

8 comments:

  1. Love this, Nicole! The red jeans look great and I think the entire outfit is very much like her inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy.
      It was great to make what she wanted if a little stressful once the sand paper came out.....
      xx N

      Delete
  2. I don't know if I'd have the gumption to take sandpaper to a garment I made, but good for you, if she loves it. It must be fun to see little (well, the middle) sister dreaming up her own inspirations just like her big sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so cross when I made a hole, I actually advised all the surrounding children to vacate the area.
    Thank you Joy.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at how clever you are, Nicole. And that baby! Aren't they just the sweetest!? I cannot get enough of my newborn. Though she is already 71/2 weeks, so not really a newborn anymore. Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rachel, Trixie is smiling, so not a newborn now. It makes me so sad and she will be my last.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  5. I was going to say what Joy said- I don't think I'd have been brave enough to try and distress something! But it's a great outfit and I love that you were able to create the outfit she requested. And your baby is also completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was not happy at all when I made a hole, she scampered away to give me some breathing space.

    Thank you, Trixie is so lovely.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete