Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Forget-me-not Jewellery Pouch

Hugo asked me if I had a little something in my present drawer  for his Peer Mentor at university.
She has been very supportive and a great sounding board for him.
I didn't but offered to sew him a Forget-me-not pouch.
Zara very kindly chose the fabric for me, ice blue and silver vintage Thai silk and some baby blue velvet ribbon.
Forget-me-not pouch
Now crafts are definitely not my thing but I knew a Liesl Gibson pattern would be a winner.
The little pockets that stop your jewellery getting tangled up just bump it up the clever ladder.
There is a wee circle of batting, sewn into the layers, which enables it to sit nicely and not flop over.
The only variation I made from the instructions is to neaten the seam where to two edges join, with a narrow zigzag (you can see a peep of raw edge and I was concerned the delicate fabric may fray)
~My Verdict~
I don't do craft I don't do craft but, I really enjoyed sewing this.
I had the pattern drafted already from here and here so it was a pretty quick sew too.
Two hours from cutting to finished. 
I think I will turn to this pattern a lot more now I have actually timed myself as I know I can make one in the evening.
Lots of clever Liesl tips (including one that gives you perfect petals).
It's a winner.
(However, a bit more warning would be appreciated next time Beamish)

I hope she likes it.

xx N
SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

  1. It's good to know that it is a quick sew - I assumed it would be fiddly. Very elegant in the fabrics Zara chose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fiddly but not too fiddly, does that make sense?
      Pleasantly fiddly.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. She'll like it. It's pretty and useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hugo said she was so pleased with it.
      xx N

      Delete