Saturday, November 17, 2018

McCalls 7862 Blouse for Tildy

Now you know I am a fan of #ninjacutting.
That is, cutting out several garments at one time so I can make the most of the fabric and eliminate waste.
So I cut this sweet little number when I was laying out my linen shirt
The pattern was in a bundle that I received from a lovely local lady that was clearing out her stash.

I love the neckline, I thought it had an Asian feel and I remembered I had the left over Sakura blossoms from Lidia's dress
The stems can be carefully snipped to the style you require, then ironed in place (with a Goddess cloth) and I like to topstitch with co-ordinating thread.
The blouse has beautiful finishing, with arm facings (which I interfaced and top stitched) an inclosed seam shawl neck collar and yoke self facings.
The button is a painted MoP sent to me by my dear friend Justine
~Tildy's Verdict~
I really like the flower, it makes me feel happy.
When I wear it, it feels like Summer. I like to wear it with my new shorts.
The fabric is comfy and the style is floaty and cool to wear.
~My Verdict~
This was a lovely sew that was a lot more time consuming then I thought it would be but I like that!
I made a cutting mistake and only cut two front yokes from the linen instead of four so I used poplin. It isn't washing as well so I wish I hadn't.
I am not sure I would make the other Views, maybe the rolled sleeves but the long sleeved version was super poofy.
It is still a little big on Tildy which is always a good thing.


#ninjacutting for the win!

Thank you for reading xx N





6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and unusual pattern! I love it! I think you could do that rolled sleeve, and it wouldn't be that hard to lose some of the sleeve poof. I often remove ease from sleeve heads in a very non-scientific way, by just trimming off some of the top of the head and maybe slicing some width off the side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inder.
      The rolled sleeve is pretty cute not to mention very nice sun protection.
      I usually just fold bulk out of the middle but I will try your method, thanks!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, what a cute pattern and I love how you embellished it. Good job! - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amelia, it was a very happy accident.
      xx N

      Delete
  3. So lovely, great details - perfect little button with the sakura ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I only had one so I was saving it for JUST the right sew.
      xx N

      Delete