Saturday, August 31, 2024

OOP KWIKSEW 1359 Tracksuits for Izzie


 Anyone who has been reading me for a while knows I don't enjoy knit sewing however I will also give pretty much anything a go.

If I have to sew knits I try to make them as professional looking as possible. I spend a lot of time pressing and top stitching as well as looking at current finishes on Pinterest


I recently topped up the sweaters and trackies section of our wardrobes and I had a lot of bits leftover, too big to toss but too small for much use. I decided to use them up on baby tracksuits figuring that even if not suitable as outerwear they would do as pyjamas.


I was seriously not prepared for how tiny these pieces would be. I cut and sewed the smallest size which I guestimated to be a 0-3 month size.


Were my babies ever that little?


To my utter delight, Elsa liked them and popped them on her straight away.

Tilly, Izzie and Trixie

The pink is so pretty. The fabric came from a job lot I purchased from Market Place. The lovely lady had a small business but was closing down. I purchased all her stock, 20 rolls of pure cotton fleece manufactured in Melbourne, for $150. 

For the wee grey marl set, Tilly and Liddy got creative and made a Cricut stencil that was very us appropriate, sheep!

Black face Suffolks?

For the navy set (pieced with grey) we continued with the night time theme but went a little bovine more in line with Izzie's Daddy's work.
Snoozing while Daddy studies.
More snoozing on Mumma.

This is a very handy wee pattern, out of print but it often pops up on eBay and Etsy and you may find it in a OpShop. It uses the smallest scraps of fleece and ribbing so it is a great stash buster but if you have more fabric to play with, it has a hood and built in bootie option. I recommend this one if you can find it.



Thank you for reading ... xx Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment