Friday, August 23, 2024

OOP Style 4550 dress for Beatrix

 This is an old sew but I found it in my photos and thought it too sweet not to share.

I love the Sailor suit style outfits. Trixie is also a child that does not like firm clothes so a swingy dress is just perfect.

To modernise the look I chose to sew it in a block colour. The pink poly/linen was from my stash and was given to me by a lovely local lady who was downsizing her own sewing supplies. It has a medium to heavy hand and will need minimal ironing. Although it hangs nicely it was nice a pleasant cloth to sew and frayed like the Billy-oh!

The back yoke gives a neat and tailored finish. I think this would look lovely sewn in a contrast or embroidered fabric as a design detail.

Red bunny rabbit buttons from my beloved #elizasofsunshine add a touch of whimsy and tone down the sophistication of the deep dusky pink.
I added some extra length as Trixie is reasonably tall (one of my tallest children).


Full skirt but not too pouffy.
Perfect for twirling.


It wouldn't be a Trixie outfit without her special touches, fox tights from Aunty Mandy and yellow shoes from Aunty Sarvi.

I can't believe this was sewn FIVE YEARS AGO!
Trixie has just turned 10 and is an Aunty!


Thank you for reading, stay safe and well....xx Nicole 




No comments:

Post a Comment