Hugo's turn for something sewn.
He wanted jeans.
These jeans but black!
I used this pattern as a base but fiddled with the cut lowering the waist and taking in the hips and thighs.
Hugo particularly like the pockets with the piping so I fiddled up those.
I used a poly rich webbing as flat piping in the hope that it wont catch stray colour.
For the same reason I used oatmeal coloured thread.
I lined the pocket flaps with some silky Japanese lawn.
I used the same for the pocket bags.
In hindsight I needed to make the pocket flap a wee bit wider.
Oh,yes,I decided to line the yoke too.
In for a penny in for a pound!
A bit of creative zigzagging filled in the gap on the pocket flap.
Lots and lots and lots of topstitching!
This make me so happy!
So does this.
They fit well!
Now,I am off to the pool.
*Edited 2017, do not use lawn for the pockets bags, use a sturdier fabric as the lawn rips very quickly*