Sunday, October 13, 2013

There once was a little girl.....

But now she has grown up!
recently made sweet Zara the Deer and Doe Belladone dress.
So I thought I would share some photos.
We are both ever so pleased with this dress.
I do recommend a fabric with a bit of stretch, Zara found this very comfortable to wear but she said it may have felt too firm at the waist in a normal woven.
 Zara paired it with flat sandals for a casual days shopping but it will be equally handy as a dressy dress.
Gorgeous Girls!
Oh, I made this dress
Its another Portfolio from Lisette.
This time in black hanky linen. I am slowly losing the weight I gained whilst I was poorly and literally living in these dresses as they are so flattering and comfortable.

Meanwhile I am still sewing school uniforms so the lacey shorts have gone on hold.

xx N

PS Have you heard there are new Oliver+S patterns for women coming out?

16 comments:

  1. You both look so lovely. I just love black dresses. So glad to see you are feeling better and getting sewing done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brittney.
      I am embracing a looser fitter style of clothing until my body gets a bit tighter!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous girls, indeed (and mama, too)!
    You look great Nicole - the Portfolio is a great wardrobe staple (that I wish I could find the time to sew for myself :(
    O+S for women will be disclosed today :)) Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana Sofia, finding the time to sew for us Mummies is not easy, plus it can be so frustrating if it doesn't work.
      Sewing for littles is safer!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Good to see you in front of the camera, Nicole - and all three of you looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine, I think I was very brave sharing the space with my beauties.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. No, I had not heard that O+S is releasing patterns for women!!! I cannot wait to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both dresses are lovely as are the models! I really like the design of Zara's dress and you my lovely friend, are rocking that Portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy.
      There is nothing like a black dress to make you feel smart!
      xx N

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous, both dresses (+ Tilly!) I love that the Portfolio works as a little black dress. All the more reason to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Portfolio,Katy!
    It always looks so smart.
    Thank you.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  8. ladies in black! oh so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Belladone is gorgeous and must be fun to wear. Do you think that Deer & Doe has less wearing ease at the waist (thinking of this one and the Bleuets you made)?

    And the black linen is lovely in another Portfolio iteration. I think I need to make myself a winter version-maybe in corduroy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Joy.
    I think they have a slightly more fitted waist but that said, they sit AT the proper waist (where we naturally shape in) not the lower waist most of us tend to measure.

    The Airelle blouse had plenty of ease and the Pavot had good ease for a coat.

    I made a denim Portfolio last winter and loved (and lived in) it!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete