Friday, December 1, 2017

Lekala #5195 for Zara

#zaragoestouni
My sweet baby bird is leaving the nest.
So she needs some new clothes.
The beautiful Lekala #5195 which we made her for Formal
Zara loved this dress so much she requested a few more for Summer.
It was a much easier sew this time.
The fabric is a linen from Eliza's Fabric, $7/m.
From 4m I was able to cut this dress, Lisette pj's (to be blogged), Hudson pants (to be blogged) and a hat for Trixie #ninjacutting
Like last time, I took a lot of care with my finishes, setting the straps in under the facings and stay stitching as far as I could.
I also kept a deep hem and hand sewed it in place.
The flat lay shows the clever cut of the custom fit pattern.
The darts which fit her tiny waist but allow  ease for her full derriere. 
She looks absolutely beautiful.
Look at her waist, so tiny!
I love the extra long ties although they were a pain to turn through.
Worth it, so expensive looking.
Although she carries it well I think we may add some more coverage to the front and sew a wee popper to keep it together.
Although there is no gapping, the inner ties keep it quite snug.
I think it will look super cute styled with a denim jacket and Converse or leather slides and a big hat.
~Zara's Verdict~
This dress is absolutely to die for!
I feel so elegant and mature in it. The fabric is just so lux.
I feel like a woman instead of a teenage girl when I am wearing it.

Thanks for reading xx N

12 comments:

  1. I thought the formal version was gorgeous, but this linen version is amazing! Now I'm wondering whether I can convince one of my teens that they need it (or maybe I push myself out of my comfort zone and make it for me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn. I was so pleased with this (albeit a bit annoyed with how much hem I had to cut off, next I will check before cutting out)
      The Twins really challenge me. At present I am sewing a 70's flippy tunic with matching hot pants, for Elsa, very fitted but not tight, in a linen that we dyed. Great fun but rather nerve wracking...
      xx N

      Delete
  2. You have such beautiful children, Nicole! Gorgeous family! Zara looks smashing - can't believe she's off to university, when did our children get so grown up??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    They are a great bunch, I am very lucky.
    I love our community of 'Sewing Aunties' can't wait for Rachel's baby now!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like nice linen (and nice price too ;o) Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice price and very wide too.
      Zara's pj's have softened up beautifully so this should too.
      Thank you
      xx N

      Delete
  5. So gorgeous... the dress and Zara. What a beautiful comment she made re girl/woman. You are such a sewing dynamo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      How lovely of you. I had better get a move on, she has a big list!
      xx N

      Delete
  6. Nicole, I linked here without thinking earlier today on the Brisbane Spoolette's closed facebook group. I tried to comment earlier but my comments are not always working. Please let me know if you want it taken down... it was about this dress. I'm not a big facebook user so I'll ask the admin to take it off.. sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems at all, I am honoured.
      This blog is public, so not a problem.
      xx N

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous dress and Zara looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete