Thursday, January 18, 2018

Lekala #4679 Let's try this again

I finished this quite a while back and had yet to blog it.
The very pretty Lekala #4679.
A very modern, 'cold shoulder' dress pattern, custom fit to her measurements.
The first attempt was almost a disaster
I ticked the wide shoulder adjustment but there was no way it was going to work.
Pattern drafting is not my thing but I had a go.
I added a fair chunk of width to the over arm flounce and just sort of winged it.
It seemed to have worked.
At least she can move her arms now.
I sewed it up in some vintage rayon from my stash.
I will be sad when that is used up, cheers Mrs Nank!
~Lidia's Verdict~
This dress is so floaty!
 I love the flounce around my shoulders,  and the way it seems to dance when I move and raise my arms. I originally had it made for a play but now I wear it every chance that I get.  The pattern is now custom fit for me so I plan to have a few more of these made. Maybe in a  light blue or yellow rayon. It is beautiful and I love it, thank you mum.
I am so pleased we got this pattern to work and I do have some yellow linen tucked away...

Thank you for reading!

xx N

8 comments:

  1. Love this dress! It is just the sort of dress I would have loved at her age and so COOL for those hot days. Perfect :) and she looks gorgeous in it which is a huge bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen.
      Lekala has been a God send for Liddy, fun, age appropriate clothes that fit!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. The dress looks so sweet on her ..... but she's growing up too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not at all related to this post, but something that I have been debating in my mind lately and wanted to get your thoughts on. I want to sew my own high waisted jeans (generally RTW are not long enough in the body to comfortably hit my waist, and I have no bottom to fill them out) and know that you love the Vado bootstrap ones. Have you sewn any Gingers? Can you make any comparisons or comments on which you prefer and why? thanks in advance :) - Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amelia,
      I did sew the Gingers and they were great gateway to jeans sewing.
      They are nice and high and an excellent sewing pattern. The instructions were absolutely brilliant.
      But... I have a flat bottom (which I can select as an option) and I prefer the curved waistband on the Vado's, I think the Ginger's has a straight way band?
      Both excellent patterns, happy to help with anymore questions
      xxx N

      Delete
    2. Okay, I have a really flat bottom as well, so do you think the vado would be better? I think I remember you raised the fly 1", should I do that too? any other adjustments you think it needs? Thanks very much. - Amelia

      Delete
    3. Yes, I did raise the fly.
      I always fit the side seam before I finish it with top stitching as I find every denim behaves differently. I baste them, try them on and then squat on the floor. That will tell you if you need more or less ease.

      xx N

      Delete