Well,I was planning on making the Sandpiper top and pants next.
Then I looked at the calendar and realised the Twins First Communion was coming up and I had three white dresses to make(one for a friends daughter).
Little friend Maddie had chosen a very simple Burda dress(bless her).
Miss Z would like a Seashore dress in silk taffeta.
Miss E still hadn't made up her mind......
Brainstorming today she brought me a picture of a Mary Quant style dress,simple lines,beautifully cut-lovely!
'Goodness' I thought 'The Starling dress'!
So,I now get to make the dress sooner rather then later and it is exactly what she would like!
So,on to my second Clever Charlotte pattern.
I hope I enjoy it as much as the last.....
We found some sweet vintage broderie I had purchased on Ebay. Miss E was terribly keen to have pink ruffles and luck would have it I had a small piece of sugary pink broderie that was just the job!
The fabric fairies must have heard her!
Her measurements put her nicely in the size 8 but I added 1 1/2 inches to the hem-just in case!
There is a clearly stated errata on the back pattern piece,very simple to change.
The dress and shirt are finished with a bias hem strip,this is not included on the pattern sheet,you cut that to the given specifications.
I have some hemming tape in my stash so I will use that,the broderie fabric is rather bumpy so I think the smooth bias will work better in this case.
I was pleasantly pleased to see the dress front ruffle is actually little peplum pieces-not two gathered strips.
I have sewn these before and they give an elegant flounce rather than a standard gather.
Dress cut out and ready to sew!
(I can't wait)!