Friday, November 24, 2017

Vintage Simplicity 8576 for Beatrix

I have met some very, very special friends over the internet.
Some I have been thrilled to meet in person.
My girls have had some beautiful things made for them.
One is a gorgeous knitted vest.
So I wanted to sew Trixie another 'statement piece' to go with.
Originally I was planning a blouse but I had enough length of the linen remnant from Spotlight, to make a dress, so I did!
I left out the extra underlining in the puffed sleeve for a more relaxed look but I added a wee neck ruffle for something different.
Isn't it sweet?
Like last time, the attention to fitting with the tiny wee darts at the neck, waist and elbows blows my mind.
It is a pretty cute dress.
And looks gorgeous with Sarvi's vest.
It scrunches deliciously, as linen does.
Bacchus Marsh Macca's
Posh fabric, posh pattern but still totally appropriate for fun!
Thanks for reading!
xx N

8 comments:

  1. Sweet dress. T looks adorable, an old-fashioned modern girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elle, what a perfect description.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Oh that last photo face!!! Love it. I would never have thought that pattern cover could amount to such a stylish garment. You have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, nothing like a country child having access to MacDonalds.
      xx N

      Delete
  3. You are single-handedly bringing leg'o mutton sleeves back into vogue! I loooove this sweet, simple linen dress, and it's perfection with tights and the vest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much.
      I must admit, I love this sleeve and linen is just delish!
      xx N

      Delete
  4. Oh, just too adorable Nicole! Those pictures with the green cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Another knitted lovely from another lovely sewing Aunty.
      xx N

      Delete