It has space for photos, a 'mood board' I think it is called.
As well as a croquis to sketch on.
I made a practice run first...
Using a vintage pattern that was designed to sewn in a woven cut on the bias.
Rather than lining, as the pattern called for, I applied swim suit elastic to all the edges.
I knew the bottoms would be more challenging.
The back gave good coverage but the ended up too wide in the crotch and loose.
I removed some width from both front pieces.
and tried again, perfect!
Muslin sewn AND perfectly wearable.
On to the 'good copy'.
But the final suit, sewn in black, is truly elegant.
|Zara modelling her suit.|
These bathers are so flattering. Love them so much.
They fit me perfectly which is amazing.
Sewing swimmers is always challenging for me. I do like the way the top gives such great sun protection at the back and the good coverage over her derrière. I think her purchased ones are a bit skimpy.
I guess practice will (hopefully) make perfect.
Thank you for reading xx N