Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Dungarees for Baby Bea Simplicity 6948 OOP

You know I lurve dungarees on children.
That look smart, keep their tummies warm and stop them coming apart in the middle.
Trixie got a lot of wear from this pair and I was so pleased and grateful when my lovely sewing friend Nana Deb sent me the size 3 pattern 
There is just something so cute about shoulder ruffles.
Beatrix calls them 'wings'.
Gathering a thicker fabric is a bit of a challenge so I use three rows of gathering thread (another tip from Deb) so I have a back up if one snaps.

They use quite a bit of fabric, due to the bias cut of the straps but I was able to #ninjacut them and a pair of Loveralls (to be blogged) for Lidia from 2m of some black cotton/poly denim-ish type fabric I purchased at Eliza Fabrics.
It smelt horrid when ironed, really inky but that has faded with a few washes.
After consulting my Instagram Brains Trust, I went with pink enamelled shell buttons but stitched them with red thread to match her shoes.
Unfortunately, I had a laundry mishap and the dungarees were accidentally put through on a works load (hot wash) and shrunk. They are now packed up to be sent to another little girl.
So, I had to make another pair.


This pretty, rose pink, pinwale cord was actually scraps from a skirt my mum made me when I was around ten years of age.
I really had to jiggle it and ended up facing the straps cotton poplin.
Which I interfaced to match the weight of the cord.
I chose black buttons to tone down the girly factor and stitched them with mustard thread.
Elsa adores them and has made me promise to give them to her to put away.
So they must be cute.
I am now desperately hunting a size four.


Thank you for reading... xx N

4 comments:

  1. I adore the first photo! Adorable! Both the ruffled overalls are just as cute as can be. I am going to check my boxes and see if there is a pattern for pair of overalls that you might like in a larger size. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That poor guinea pig!
      Thank you so much, that is so generous of you, I will happily cover your costs.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. They are adorable on her! All these pics are so cute but I really love the one with the guinea pig! I will put out a want to buy for you on a facebook pattern destash page that I am on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loved that guinea pig maybe a little too much...
      Thank you, I would really appreciate you looking out for the pattern.
      xx N

      Delete