Wednesday, May 1, 2019

OOP McCalls 2059 Dungarees for Beatrix

I have a bit of a problem...
I can't stop sewing dungarees (I am onto my fifth pair)
I wanted to emulate the pink pair I made last year.
Trixie's chest fits in a size 2 or 3 but she needs the length of a size 4.
As the legs on the pattern have a gathered leg cuff I hoped that extra length would be enough.
I did add a few cm's to the strap but I could have added more.
To be honest, I thought the pattern photo looked a bit ordinary but I think MY ruffle is rather delightful.
I sewed them up in a remnant of pinwale cord from my stash and the buttons are my favourite, enamel coconut shell. 
The whole look is rather delightful.
The bib is constructed first and then the trousers and then the two are attached at the front after the elastic is set in the waist.
I love them but I am afraid they do not pass the lavvy test.
She cannot undo them herself.
But I am happy to help.
~My Verdict~
I really 'like' this pattern but I don't 'love' it.
Trixie is not as fond of the elastic around the waist as she is of the 'full' dungarees.
The back buttoning straps are a problem with toilet-ing and Trixie likes her independence.
It is very slim, so fine on Trixie who is knickers but will be no good with a cloth nappy and I suspect even a bit tight over a disposable.

It was a fun and quick sew and looks super cute.
My sewing gal-pal Colette sent me a gorgeous ruffle shouldered, full dungarees pattern in a size 4,5,6 so I will sew that next year.

~Trixie's Verdict~
I like the ruffles, I like ruffles and I like these ruffles.
They are pink and that is a good thing.
Thank you for reading... xx N

8 comments:

  1. Well, they ARE pink ruffles, and pink ruffles are a good thing! These are freaking ADORABLE! Who needs bathroom access?! (Oh, right, we do! oh well.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There be pink ruffles indeed!
      She still wants to wear them, even if she dances a jig while having them undone #weejiggle.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. More fab dungarees - I love her comment on them, ha ha ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for the lovely pattern!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Oh, she is priceless, I love her.
    That first photo is just the cutest thing. At this age, Audrey was such a big Dirt Girl fan and all she wanted was overalls. Why didn't I make a half dozen pairs like you?! Wah….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same!
      I have no idea why I didn't. I think O+S made dress patterns so I sewed dresses.
      A lot of my patterns are One Size and there will be no more babies so I need to get sewing.
      Lucky Trixie likes water play... (i.e. mud, dirt, etc, etc)
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  4. I love these! The frills😍. It’s such a pity they’re tricky to get undone by yourself. I don’t know a four year old who doesn’t like pink and frills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink and frills for the win!
      Thank you
      xx N

      Delete