Thursday, May 30, 2019

Style Arc Roxy Shirt for Me (Or not)...

So, I climbed back on the Style Arc pony (Again)
And made another Roxy shirt.
Do you remember my last one
I incorrectly printed my pattern and it was too big.
Happily this has gone off to a new home.


I decided I really like this shirt so I ordered a paper copy, in size 10, the same size as my Style Arc Lauren shirt 
Which I adore!
Now, my bust measurement is actually a size 12 BUT my 'Lauren' fits me so nicely and it is a 10....
So I sewed the 10.
The fabric is gorgeous, a fine spun cotton in black and white stripe.
(From 4m I sewed this shirt, Trixie's blouse and a Aime Comme Mister shirt for Hugo, to be sewn)
All the fabulous details, sleeve tabs.
Super cute back flap.
Stylish front pockets and two piece collar.
An altogether beautiful shirt.

And the fit?
Too
Blooming
Tight!
Look at the poor straining button, more stressed than Hugo waiting for his GAMSAT results

I can't believe it, not again.

I can't wear it, it is far too tight to be decent and I don't do open front shirts.
I will try and FBA this pattern but not now.
 I have used two precious pieces of hoarded fabric and both didn't fit due to a rookie measuring mistake.
My Style Arc Juliet shrunk in the wash so Elsa now has it.
So, three shirts in a row that didn't fit me.
I have some nice black and white gingham I will sew another Lauren in, as I KNOW that fits me.
I will try an FBA on the Roxy or I may just buy the size 12...

I really don't want to think about it now.
Image from Pinterest
Zara is coming home this weekend so I will offer it to her, maybe she can style it like the picture above, oversized and casual elegance. 

Any hoo....

Thank you for reading... xx N




8 comments:

  1. Sending good vibes to Hugh for the GAMSAT.

    Your sewing is always beautiful! How annoying that if dosen't fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      He sat it and was super happy with his result.

      Thank you also for the compliments on my shirt. This one has annoyed me as it was a special piece of cloth. I am kicking my self for not doing a FBA.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. FUUUUUUUUUUDGE. I am sorry. That is beyond frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't care so much but it was the PERFECT fabric.
      Oh well, thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Oh no, that is so disappointing! The sewing on it is so lovely too. I hope the third time is the charm, whenever that may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara is taking it and it looks gorgeous on her.
      Thank you, I just hope i can find some more stripe, I really want one.
      I think I will buy the 12...
      xx N

      Delete
  4. Hi Nicole, I'm wanting a nice white blouse. Did you ever find a pattern that you liked. I don't want it overly fitted but not boxy either. Thanks for any help!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, lovely to hear from you!
      I still think this one may be it, I did bite the bullet and buy the bigger size but I haven't sewn it up yet.
      Meanwhile, I wear my OOP McCalls' 8702 a lot! http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com/2018/11/mccalls-8702-my-new-favourite-shirt.html
      Thank you for reading xx N

      Delete