Monday, October 17, 2016

A quick (Elise) tee.

Don't you love Pinterest?
I do, some really great stuff.
Some great free stuff.
Like this tee
The Elise tee is a sleeveless, slightly caped sleeve, shaped tee.
It makes for a very wearable, casual tee.
I really take my time with finishing when I sew knits.
They last longer, look more professional and it makes for a more rewarding sew.
I also was obliged to take quite a bit of time with this tee as my cover stitch was being a pain. When it works, it is awesome, when it works...
I like to top stitch the front neck seam and then cover the back neck seam with my label tape (thin cotton webbing will do too and you can get some very pretty printed ones)
I also top stitched the sleeve cuffs.
The pattern needs to be sewn in a very stretchy knit, think lycra, or something very sheer, like a linen/cotton super fine knit.
The fabric was another bargain from Eliza's of Sunshine $1/m and I wish we had bought more.
~Zara's Verdict~
The fabric of this t-shirt is absolutely gorgeous. I have always loved the blue tie dyed look and I now have a lovely soft comfortable t-shirt in it. I'm not gonna lie, I will probably have to be forced out of it and it will most likely jump up my list to my favourite yoga top. 


I made Zara the small, I have cut myself a large... I will let you know how it goes.
xx N

11 comments:

  1. Bargain - $1 a metre. I would have bought the whole roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen.
    The old me would have (bought the whole roll) the Kon-Marie version...
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, such a cute style!! I love that fabric too! I need something like this I can whip up like ten of ... by the way, I'm seriously considering investing in a coverstitch. I'd love your thoughts on brands, etc. - send me an email if you'd rather dish offline. inder.baudonnet at gmail. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will email you Inder.
      I think a cover stitch is an essential for me. I am saving for an old, industrial cover stitch machine. When it works it is so strong. Hugo is wearing polo's to work that I made hime in year 9! They are hole-y from welding burns but the hems are perfect!
      Masha has a very good one, I believe.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
    2. My email is bouncing back Inder, I sent you a FM.

      Delete
  4. You can't go past a great tee pattern. I love the fabric as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be so happy if this works for me too, Plantain for winter and Elise for summer, done!
    Thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  6. love an easy two piece top. Looks very simple but perfectly nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      A great little free tee. I noticed she had I few others too...I wonder if she ever went into business?
      xx N

      Delete
  7. Nice work & a great basic T. Love the teeny cap sleeve style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, it was a good sew.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete