Sunday, October 23, 2016

Aime Comme Marie Mister

Another day...
Another Birthday...
Another Liberty shirt.
Another Aime Comme Marie Mister shirt.
(Sadly, I could not find a link so I think it may have been discontinued).
Silky Liberty Capel with smoked MoP buttons stitched with black thread.
The high shaped yoke gives such a nice shape.
And allows the very flattering modern fit.
The sleeve placket looks so nice, always a Rock Star moment.
I can sew one of these bad-boys in around six hours.
This piece of cloth was actually Matilda's but when Hugo mentioned he wanted #aweekofliberty (five Liberty shirts), Tildy insisted he used hers.
There is enough left for something else for her.
~Hugo's Verdict~
I must admit I do have a very soft spot for Liberty shirts but even so I really do love this shirt. The fabric is so soft and the cut of the shirt follows the contours of my body perfectly as I quite like, but is not tight. This makes the shirt something that I can wear to any event and look stylish but still very comfortable.

Isn't he gorgeous? 
Happy Birthday Beamish, 19 years has passed very quickly.

xx N

11 comments:

  1. He is indeed gorgeous as is the shirt. Pattern still available but I have promptly ordered it. Hugo must be very nice to his sisters for them to hand over Liberty. What a lovely Tildy child. Happy birthday Hugo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am glad it is still available, it is such a nice shirt and the diagrams that accompany the instructions are very good.
      I use them whenever I sew a placket.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. I love that he loves Liberty. A great-looking shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too, love that he loves Liberty Masha. I can't wait until he can wear it everyday instead of stained work wear (he is labouring at present)
      Thank you.
      xx N

      Delete
  3. Hugo is rocking this, and those curls! Happy 19th to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, he is very proud of his hair.
      xx N

      Delete
  4. So nice of Tildy to share her liberty ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic. Happy Birthday Hugo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad it is still available, it is such a nice shirt and the diagrams that accompany the instructions are very good.
    I use them whenever I sew a placket.
    Thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete