I sewed Hugo some new school trousers.
I double stitched and re-enforced and interfaced and double layered the billy-o out of these trousers.
I made exactly the same pair last year.
(In fact, I only made the one pair and washed them out every night and dried them by the fire)
I did mend them quite a few times so with that in mind. I made this pair extra tough in those areas that had required a fix up.
I also made them a wee bit on the big side and added elastic to the back waist band.
This young man is a-growing!
I used a silky Japanese lawn for the fly facing (which I added to the pattern and I am rather proud of)
And by using the same fabric for the front pocket bag they sit nicely and the pocket won't bunch up.
They are a fairly full-on sew but he loves them, and he does look smart, so they are worth it!