Thursday, July 27, 2017

Simplicity 8105

A quick post about a quick tee I made for Liddy.
The Simplicity 8105 
I saw this pattern on Lara's instagram and thought it was perfect for my girls too.
I sewed up the largest size (a 14 I think) in a stretchy cotton/modal knit that I purchased from DK's Fabric in Adelaide. From memory it was $30/m and quite wide.
I made a Deer&Doe Plantain, this tee and a O+S Field Trip tee for Trixie from 1.5m.
Fabrics with modal have a lovely drape and great recovery but they can be a wee bit shifty to sew. I find notches are essential and pins very useful.
I wish I had cut the side panels so that the stripe was running in
the other direction.

I was a bit stressed about fitting all the pattern pieces, the top is very wide and swing-y. I am a bit cross I did not take more care, the  directional stripes would have been far more professional looking.
Grrr
~My Verdict~
A nice pattern that sewed up well but it was a pain in the bum as PDF's go.
It made a huge sheet, didn't fit together nicely and I had to download software to print it.
I like PDF patterns, I will generally purchase them over paper but not with Big4, not again.
I am sure this pattern will be on the repeat list, now I have put the jolly thing together...


~Lidia's Verdict~
This Tee is so comfortable and I love the fabric. It is perfectly silky on my skin and so stretchy at the same time. I love the way it stands out with my gold leggings.
It is gorgeous and Mummy is amazing.  

Thank you for reading.

xx N



10 comments:

  1. It looks lovely on her and very comfy to wear. My first selfish sewing project was from a New Look PDF and it put me off sewing for myself for a couple years. I also swore off sewing from Big 4 PDFs ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Masha.
      I was so annoyed as by the time I had printed, downloaded the software (3 times due to our crappy internet) I may has well ordered the paper pattern online.
      Great pattern but with Big4, I am back on #teampaper
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Big 4 PDF patterns are an abomination. I can see why people buy indies for the convenience factor alone. Gorgeous tee and I wish it came in adult sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    This is very roomy, it fits me, you are pretty petite it may well fit you.
    Yes, no more PDF's from Big4 for me!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great tee, I'd love in that one too. I can see how it would have been easier to change the stripe orientation at the side panels. Sometimes I get so carried away with matching stripes, that the obvious solution: rotate them, escapes me too. Paper is king! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, from memory I was fussing about matching with the limited cloth, I should have have walked away.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  5. I have considered buying this pattern in the past. It reminded me of the hemline on the Banyan Tee and Boo is well past the size range for Figgys now. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is like the Banyan, such a great tee.
    Thank you!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's such a sweet girl. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete