Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birthday Ice Cream for Bethany

Tomorrow Lidia is off to an 8th Birthday Party.

She desperately wanted me to sew a dress for her little friend.
So much so she gave up her own special yardage of Parisville by Tula Pink.

We decided on an oliver+S Ice Cream dress which is quite a nifty sew if the pockets are left off.
At times I struggle achieving a nice 'V' at the neck and often omit it but then the dress can be a snug fit over the head.
This time I drew the 'V' in situ.
I also popped a wee square of interfacing at the base of the 'V' to prevent tearing.
I then sewed the 'V' with a tiny stitch length before sewing the complete neck seam.
From the back
It worked really really well!
Don't you think?
I used a special pink MOP button sent to me from a dear friend.
I sewed it with the sweet aqua green thread.
I do like this dress lined it adds a delicious fullness.
I did blog the process here,if you fancy a peep!
Lidia was far too skinny to model for me so Zara stepped in.






I think she would quite like to keep it herself!

xx N



14 comments:

  1. It's very lovely! I'll have to try lining this one at some point, it has a nice effect. What a lucky girl! And it was very sweet of Liddy to give up her beautiful fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susanne.
    I hope she likes it. Liddy and I wrapped it up together tonight. She is so excited to 'show off' my sewing,dear little possum!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly gorgeous! I have had this pattern since my little one was 6 months old. She's now nearly 2.5 and I haven't sewed it! You have inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jillian!
    I think it looks lovely over a skivvy if you are coming into winter?
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope I'm also an Aussie, so looking for some summer dresses. Must get it on the to-do list :)

      Delete
    2. You will love this one then!
      If you do a bit of googling there was a sew-along a few years back with some great tips.
      xx N

      Delete
  5. Your Lidia is so incredibly generous.The dress is a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a dear girl Angela,thank you.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it on Zara! It's very old fashioned on a smaller girl, but looks very mod and hip on an older girl! This is such an easy lovely pattern - I can't wait to start making dresses for Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you,I do too!

    This is a dress I always size back on so that is nice and fitted around the arms and not 'tenty'.
    Another bonus is that the yoke sits quite high so there is room for her tiny wee bust,rather then 'squishing'(her words)them.

    xxx N

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! You have raised such a dear sweet girl, giving away her best fabric for a friend. Melt my heart! I think Zara needs one too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you,the gift went down very very well today!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this tip - I used it today and it really helped mine look great! Last time I skipped the notch because I was nervous about it and it was hard to get over my daughter's head, so I was very happy to see your tip which gave me the confidence to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is wonderful, I am so pleased.
    Thank you for stopping by to tell me.
    Make sure you pop it in the Flickr pool and I will look out for it.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete