After last years mermaid effort I learnt a lesson.
Costumes are much easier if you use a pattern!
I am a convert.
So much so that when a pattern website recently had all their patterns reduced to 99c I purchased a dozen costume variations.
I am positive it was a worthwhile investment.
Hugo starred in his class production of Romeo&Juliet last month and 'puffy' shirts were required.
I sewed three.
A heavy white linen with lace trim.
A self stripe cotton with black leather thonging.
And a fine white linen for my Handsome son.
They used a lot of fabric,nearly four metres each,but they were pretty straight forward to sew!
This was the pattern I used and it was a ripper!
For presentation night Lidia needs a shark costume.
After a quick scoot around E-bay I found this pattern.
I used a wet look vinyl for the front. I purchased it here and I can thoroughly recommend this seller.
I used black drill for the back.
The eyes,mouth and teeth are made from felt.
Two layers of tulle cover Liddy's sweet little face.
He has a dorsal fin padded with polar fleece and a pointy cushion to pad out his head.
It was actually very simple to sew. The instructions were straightforward and the pieces fitted together well.
Next up Zara's Christmas dress!