I had completely forgotten this one.
I made Zara the Butterick 6169 just before our Victorian Holiday.
I have had trouble getting it back to photograph.
Zara used the leftover wool from Hugo's Peacoat
Due to the multiple slim pieces it was quite an economical pattern to cut from scraps.
The open end zipper looks white but it is in fact a shiny silver tone.
We splurged on the lining using heavy weight Duchess satin (purchased from Spotters $27/m).
Well worth it for the weight and substance it give the jacket.
Following the instructions on the Lisette blog I 'bagged' the lining for a professional result (if I do say so myself)
I love the little 'step' at the cuff that gives ease when wearing.
I cut the straight size 6 for Zara but then fitted the waist a little more after sewing the front and back panels.
The jacket is supposed to have shoulder pads but Zara vetoed them.
Personally I would have put them in.
But she has to wear it.
The nitty gritty kitty.
A good simple Moto styled jacket. I love the welt pockets, they are my favourite detail.
The instructions could be better, in fact there is a mistake regarding installing the zipper. I suggest using the sew-a-long on the Lisette blog.
The pattern itself is pretty standard Big4, light weight tissue and (as I mentioned before) light weight instructions. Use the sew-a-long.
By bagging the lining, as per the sew-a-long, I saved several hours hand sewing and achieved a beautiful result.
A nice jacket and a nice sew.