Monday, November 18, 2019

Thread Theory Jedediah Jeans for Jed

New jeans for the whiskery fellow!
His favourite Jedediah pants sewn in denim.
~From the website~
Chino-style trousers updated with a slim, casual fit, back yoke and stylish slash front pockets. These pants include two length options - knee length shorts with rolled cuff and full length trousers. They will wear well in a denim, corduroy or twill with the extra durability of flat fell seams. They could also be made in a lighter cotton or linen when sewn as summer shorts.
The design includes top-stitched belt loops, flat fell inseams, a fly (with detailed illustrated sewing instructions), back patch pockets with customizable decorative stitching, and large slash front pockets.
I used some lush denim/wool from Spotlight.
I have previously shortened the pattern by quite a bit.
#gnomesewing
So we have a pattern good to go!
Jed was after a 'dressier' pair of jeans I went with a navy topstitching rather than than the traditional copper.
They do look smart!

~My Verdict~
I love a good 'tried and true' pattern. One that is ready to go, just cut and sew.
I don't follow Thread Theory's instructions faithfully, well, I do for the leg ease steaming and stretching and the pockets (I strongly recommend French seam pockets)  but I prefer to sew the front (setting in the zip) and the back and THEN fit the side seams as all denim behaves differently.
I also attach my waistband from the inside, top stitching it finished from the right side and add the belt loops last.
Jed recently went shopping for work trousers and had the dickens of a time.
To fit him in the tummy they were terribly baggy and long in the leg. He found one pair, stout+short leg and they were over $100 and are washing horribly.
He asked if he could have a few pairs of new Jedediah's and pass his 'old' ones down to work.
I think I shall oblige him.
~Jed's Verdict~
Tailor made to fit my stumpy legs,warm & comfortable with the wool mix, more than jeans closer to dress pants.


Thank you for reading... xx N

2 comments:

  1. Gnome sewing - always cracks me up. They look great as usual. And ... is Jed's full name Jedediah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jed came up with gnome sewing, so it is not mean!
      He is just so happy to have trousers that fit.

      Jed is actually Gerald which he HATES! Especially when his daughters say 'Gerald, have you lost your marbles' or 'Off, Gerald, Off'
      Cheeky monkeys.
      xx N

      Delete