Saturday, March 21, 2020

OOP Simplicity 4889 T-shirt and OOP Simplicity 9978 shorts for Jed

Jed works very long hours.
He is often gone by 7am and doesn't knock off until 7 pm, later in Summer.
He likes to change into casual, sports clothes after his night time shower and his current kit was getting a bit tatty...
So I made him some new ones.
Firstly, how about the awesome graphic made for me by the super talented Brittney 
It comes stuck to a plastic sheet and you iron it in place.
Jed saw one Britters had made for her husband and he loved it.
Thank you Brittney, you are awesome sauce!

The t-shirt is ...... its actually a sleep shirt but I really liked the raglan shoulders.

It is sewn in a stable, light weight knit and I used ribbing for the neck band.


I made the shorts before so I already had a pattern to go.
It is OOP Simplicity 9978, from deep stash (no idea where it came from)
The fabric is some BullRush pique knit.
The scraps from Jed's polos 
I really took my time, matching the stripes.
Even inside the pockets.
Mr Whiskers was rather cheeky about the shorts when I made them but he wearing the regularly so I guess they are comfortable.
~Jed's Verdict~
Super comfy, tickled pink with the stencil.

~My Verdict~
Poor old Jed comes rather down the list on the sewing rota but he likes nice clothes (don't we all)? so I try and oblige him.
He is rather self conscious of his tummy (aren't we all)? so I was really pleased that this t-shirt looked good without swamping him in fabric.
I will definitely sew it again.
The shorts are a reasonable amount of faffing about, just for knit shorts, but Jed likes this style a lot so I am happy to make them for him.

Thank you for reading .... xx Nicole 

6 comments:

  1. Great husband sewing. How awesome is that stencil on the sweatshirt? Spending time making clothes for the family is such a wonderful gift of love. I hope you all stay healthy and well. Thank goodness for sewing. It's a great way to switch off, meditate and keep calm. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I hope you are keeping well?
      I have a huge backlog of posts to get to, we are home and self isolating because we can #flattenthecurve.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Great! I was wondering how you were doing in the current Covid-era. More sewing time for you? I have a lengthy self-isolation list:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Margaret.
      We are fine and all rather enjoying it. Luckily my girls are self motivators and working hard.
      Hopefully the Twins will come home if Uni closes.
      Keep well!
      xx Nicole

      Delete