Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Getting Jiggy with Figgy's Part 1

I always mean to do this,make a selection of mix and match outfits and do a photo shoot.
I wanted to do this with Liddy in her Clever Charlotte clothes. (Now she has grown and I missed the boat).


Not this time....




Getting ready.....
(Groovy music plays)
(Posh voice-over)
First up we have the Ayashe  blouse by Figgy's in a crisp white poplin. The facings have been reversed and trimmed with vintage cotton lace. The bottom casing is threaded with a double sided satin ribbon;left un-gathered for this ensemble.
This sweet blouse was inspired by the well renowned artisan Sarvi.
It is worn with the versatile Sunki leggings in a charcoal cotton/lycra knit
The back has delicate shaping to the sides and features pretty gathers at the lined yoke.
With a gentle tug to the ribbon draw string the blouse becomes blouson. Paired with a straw hat it has a distinctly 50's feel with the leggings looking every bit as snappy as slim line pants.
Next we have an Ayashe skirt in a linen/silk/cotton cloth with mother-of-pearl buttons.
A slightly more demure look but still very functional for play.
A change of shoes and a lovely hat and we are ready for a baby-chino with a groovy godmother.
Moving quickly on.
For cooler weather try the long sleeve Ayashe. This version features elastic roulette closures with heart shaped mother-of-pearl buttons.


Off course the long sleeve blouse looks equally stylish with the leggings.
Taking a step back to the traditional look,worn with white knee highs and Mary-Janes,the Ayashe is both pretty and snappy.
Strike a pose!
Granny has gone home and it is time for a party.
With a quick change of shoes and hair accessories its time get your groove on.
Doesn't everyone raid the chook shed for notions,Dahling?
We shall take an intermission now for refreshments,
And bribes,


And we shall return soon with more wonderful clothes.




He he he he  x N & xxxxx T

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Nicole! I'm in awe! Your sewing, your model, your blog! Love this - you've made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine,we had so much fun but all of a sudden enough was enough!
      I have left all the gear out and will have another go tomorrow.
      I am such a child,I had to share!

      xx N

      Delete
  2. How many shoes does she have!!!
    She is such a sweetheart! I adore all of these outfits! I am almost caving and buying the Sunki pattern for the leggiings alone, and the Ayashe too...I love these two blouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too many Millie!
      Thank you!
      The Sunki leggings are the nicest leggings pattern,very,very clever fit!
      x N

      Delete
  3. I love it all! Everything looks so wonderful on her. Your sewing is juts perfection! I now need another pattern. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon,it was lots of fun. I just wish the Twins were home from school to help with the clothing changes!

      x N

      Delete
  4. LOL...love the voice over and the wit of the presenter!:) Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,my first one was better but my blog crashed whilst I was chatting with Millie!
      Thank you xxx N

      Delete
  5. She's a doll Nicole. And getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah,way too big too fast but such a fun age!
      xN

      Delete
  6. Ah, she's beautiful, and her little outfits are precious too! I love these simple, practical, pretty styles! Figgy's patterns are just so HIP, I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab Inder and fun to sew,Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Great outfits. You are very talented! I am curious about the "Enfant" label I see on all the clothes. What is the origin of that? ~ Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy!
      As for the labels,when I first started sewing it was very 'now' to sew labels on ones garments. I was sewing for my children's friends and wanted something to make the clothes look more professional.
      I thought it would be very posh to have something french,so child became Enfant (ON-phon).
      As Hugo become older he needed something more grown up. Eglinton was an old family name,unfortunately,the first order arrived mis-spelt and Eglington it became!
      Thank you for your compliments!
      x N

      Delete
  8. Oh, the cuteness! My eyes are hurting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check out part 2!
    Thank you.
    x N

    ReplyDelete