Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Olly, olly all out are in free-o!

You guessed it.
I made another Hide and Seek dress
This time for Tilly.
Sewn in Matilda's favourite fabric, velvet.
Cotton velvet.
Slippery, thick, swear word inducing cotton velvet that required every seam to be hand basted before sewing.
Size 4, with length 
The velvet was all remnant pieces from my stash.
There was just enough black.
Matilda has signature heart shaped buttons but all I had was MoP which looked too delicate on the heavy cloth.
  I remembered some wooden buttons I had, with lots of holes drilled into them, and I tried my hand at a wee embroidered heart.
It works, sort of, enough to keep Tildy happy.
I lined the bodice with Matilda's signature Liberty.

Was she happy?
Was she what!
It has pockets 
(lined with Liberty)
The longer sleeves will keep her warm.
Perfect for cuddling upwards
(By reversing the nap, the velvet looks more luxurious)
Perfect for her.

xx N

PS If you would like make one, I have a tutorial here. I think there may be one on the O+S blog too.

16 comments:

  1. I bet she feels lovely to hug in that! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She feels even more lovelier then usual, Jane.
      xx N

      Delete
  2. Well that looks fantastically cute and cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a beautiful dress! I'm sure the velvet was a hard sew but it turned out excellent. She looks very pleased :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin, it was a pain to sew but at least I know it will stand up to lots of wear ( being cotton and upholstery weight)
      xx N

      Delete
  4. I love the velvet, but the Liberty lining is extra special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the perfect size scrap Catherine, it was serendipitous indeed.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet cutie-pie. The dress looks fabulous on her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! She looks very pleased with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy, I had to bribe her out of to.
      xx N

      Delete
  7. Very luxe! I bet it's divine to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is Cindy, she is so snuggly in it.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete