Tuesday, May 26, 2015

So Grown Up.

Back to Tilly,
My big brother lent me his posh lens for 6 months and it is time to send it back.
Better get some photos done.
Part two of Matilda's sewing. More pretty but practical clothes.
The Oliver+S Music Class blouse and skirt.
The blouse I sewed up in beautiful Liberty Capel. It is a fine silky lawn, a dream to sew.
Tildy's signature Liberty.
The skirt in cotton velvet, with the nap reversed for extra lushness.
I trimmed the pocket edge with some linen tape.
I chose the gathered insert option, I just couldn't face the thought of trying to get the thick fabric to hold a pleat.
I also added several inches to the size 5 skirt.
I made the blouse in a size 5 too. It is a tad big but as I was using such a nice fabric I wanted some growth.
An extra 3 inches to the hem means she can tuck it in.
Matilda's signature heart shaped buttons in MoP stitched with charcoal thread. Just to keep the prissiness in check.
Matilda chose pin-tucks, I think she chose well.
The pockets proved very popular.
Worn with Aunty Ana Sofia's special socks.
Just a tad long but she will grow.
Far too soon.

xx N

16 comments:

  1. So sweet. And I love that your girls have signature fabrics and buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lidia started that Masha. She chose some square buttons and then said they were 'hers'. A friend of the family asked if they were her 'signature' buttons... and it stuck!
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. How sweet! I love both of the fabrics you used here. My mother in law has this pattern and I'm hoping she makes it up for my daughter soon because it's a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must be a sucker for shirts Elizabeth, this and the Sketchbook are my most utilised patterns.
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  3. It's such a lovely outfit. I'm really crushing on that liberty blouse. It is super duper fancy. Lucky girl! Will you put one of the close up shots of the blouse up on flickr? I want to favourite it so I can ogle over the details. It's a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiny Tildy - she looks very sweet in Liberty and velvet -- lucky girl! Beautifully sewn as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, we have discovered 'pink' so we may as well embrace it!
      xx N

      Delete
  5. She's beautiful, Nicole, and I just love these lovely fabrics you chose! The items go perfectly together but can also be worn separately and will coordinate with so many different things! Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Inder, I just don't get the sewing time I used to so I try and make it as enjoyable as I can. Velvet and lawn make for challenging but enjoyable sewing.
      xx N

      Delete
  6. Such a sweet pattern!! Love all those details that make it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet of an outfit! That liberty fabric is amazing! Tilly looks great in this outfit and pockets are always useful :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kristin, I picked it up on sale. It was half price so I bought the lot!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty outfit. I will never get tired of seeing that pattern well sewn. Round of applause from over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Shelley, you made me blush.
    It is a classic look, isn't it?
    xx N

    ReplyDelete