Sunday, May 24, 2015

Small Things

I still haven't blogged the last lot of sewing I did for Beatrix.
Too busy enjoying her.
The Lullaby Layette is a great little pattern. I made Trixie another bodysuit, with long sleeves.
I used the size 6-12 months but added an inch to the body to accommodate her cloth nappy.
I was slightly horrified at how much of my precious Liberty this used, I think I will stick to less expensive fabrics in future, as being a bodysuit, it is going to have a short shelf life.
I used poppers for the leg openings but Trixie's 'signature' flower MoP buttons for the front.
Just a little more dressy.
It is a sweet little romper but I think I could have added a bit more length.
Luckily, it will usually be worn as 'best' therefore over a disposable which will give her some  breathing room.
Another item I wish I had sized up.
The Purl Soho Winter baby hat. I made Trixie the 6-12 month but it is very snug.
The secret to this hat is this gorgeous organic cotton fleece. I really thought long and hard before ordering it but it was worth it.
I lined a LTTS Cosy Bear hat for Tildy, with it,as well.
I will be using every little scrap I can!
Cute!
Back to Trixie.
Another beautiful pattern from Purl Soho the Sunbonnet, this time.
In a scrap of the finest Irish linen and lined with more Wiltshire.
This time the 6-12 months is perfect!
Next, a sweet little vintage number.
Based loosely on this pin.
I found some gorgeous fine merino suiting in my stash. So light and silky but incredibly warm.
I added a Hailspot muslin neck ruffle and embroidered cross stitches with coral embroidery silk as a wee high light.
I decided to line it with cotton poplin, just in case it was scritchy, by making a second dress and putting the two together.
I applied the facing over the top.
I used some scraps of Liberty, silky and smooth.
And how does it look?
Super dooper cute!
I adore her in this.
I just adore her.

xx N

14 comments:

  1. So sweet, Nicole. For the bodysuit, if there is enough width there, could you chop off the bottom once she outgrows it and add a peplum to get more use out of it as a top? I have done that with store-bought bodysuits in the past. I love the bodysuit concept but they are never sized for cloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masha!
      That is a an awesome idea, thank you! I was feeling a bit sick about it but there is bogs go width. The peplum is just genius!
      Thank you!
      xx N

      Delete
  2. love them all - you got some great pics ;o) Great idea from Masha above!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Colette. I have had my brothers flash lens for 6 months but it had to go back sometime...
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  4. That are such sweet little garments! All the work you put in it and the gorgeous fabrics show up and make them so precious! Masha's idea lets you relax! Have a nice time, SaSa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SaSa, that is so lovely of you.
    Masha is so clever.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, slather that little baby in Liberty... you can always cut up the garments later on and make her a quilt out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean Jane, it is so lovely to sew.
    Did you see my Clem/Tilly snap?
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that level of cute might just break the internet!!!! It's lethal! She's so beautiful, Nicole, she deserves ALL THE LIBERTY. Just look at that face and tell me it's not so. Nope, you can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Maggie and Miss Trixie in a cuteness face off.
      I have to laugh, she deserves ALL THE LIBERTY. That is just what her daddy said.
      Thank you Inder.
      xx N

      Delete
  9. A well dressed adorable little gal! It's too bad that they grow out of these little sizes quickly, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, she wore it today and it is nearly too small already.
      Luckily, a sweet friend has the next size and has offered to draft it for me. It is such a shame though, it was a lot of work for so few wears.
      xx N

      Delete
  10. Cuteness overload!!! Such beautiful makes - and girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Kristin, I love sewing for my wee girls.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete