Sunday, November 19, 2023

Sewist #5242162 dress for Matilda, for Elsa's Wedding

 

Onto Matilda's dress.

Image from Pinterest 
Matilda found a dress on Pinterest that she liked and then she got busy on Sewist  and made herself a pattern (she is so good at this)





She calls herself 'JerrySews' 

Tilly really wanted a green dress, I couldn't find satin but I did find some medium weight suiting from Designer Ends

I was so impressed by Matilda's pattern designing.
I did add a collar. I cut that on the bias and set it in before the lining.
I am not going to lie, this was a tricky sew. The front pleating was tricky and I ending up accidentally folding it the wrong way.

But Tilly didn't mind.
In retrospect, this fabric was a bit heaving for the dress. I wish I had found a medium weight satin with a bit of ease.

The asymmetry of the hem does fall nicely in the heavier cloth.

It has a lovely drape.

The pattern didn't have a lining so I made my own, using the original pattern except for the skirt. I flipped the front shorter side and used two of those. It works.

The lining was not the best match but I have a large roll of this good quality rayon Bemsilk so I used that.



Do you see how the sleeves are a bit puckered? The main fabric has some stretch properties and they looked a bit hinky on the mannequin even thought I was very careful with my lining cutting.
I think the weight of the main may have pulled the sleeve down.

The beautiful belt came from Witchery.

The wedding was beautiful and Tilly looked so cute!

Green is definitely her colour.

She didn't put a coat on until quite late into the evening.

Thank you for reading.... xx Nicole 







No comments:

Post a Comment