Sunday, July 3, 2022

Simplicity 1370 skorts, Lekala jumpsuit with pockets #2318, Butterick 6296 pyjamas, Burda 9745 tops and Kwiksew 3481bucket hat for Matilda.

 The last of the camp sewing.


Matilda's Summer camp has been and gone but I still have a few things to share!

I have shown you her Lekala short blouse

And her very pretty Lekala blouse with tie collar
Now for the rest...
A popular sew with my girls is  Simplicity 1370.
It is a nifty skort pattern that gives the mini skirt look but with good backside coverage.
Pockets are the cherry on top.
Sewing the garment is like constructing paper origami, you definitely need to take note of pattern markings.
The front panels are hemmed before being sewn to sides.

The shorts are finished with a wide waistband that sits down on the hips and a centre back zip.

I like to finish the back seam and then set in the zipper. This means I can let the garment in and out, easily, just by unpicking the zip.
The fabric is a very pretty retro print pinwale cord from Spotlight. It was lovely to sew.

The second pair were made from a linen/cotton from deep stash.

This lighter weight fabric sewed up particularly nicely.

I did my best to match up the gingham squares but all the panels made that a little tricky.

Next was this super cute Lekala Jumpsuit with pockets #2318

I sewed it up in an apricot linen from deep stash with faux tortoiseshell buttons.

The jumpsuit has elastic at the waist which allows the bodice to fall in a blouson style.
The jumpsuit is finished with facings which I chose to interface and topstitch in place.
I used self-fabric to bind the arm holes.

Of course a camp packing list has to include new pyjamas.
Tilly requested a soft tee to pair with cotton bottoms.
The avocado poplin came from Spotlight and I piped it with green piping.
I used our favourite pyjama pattern.
Butterick 6296, by the fabulous Ms Liesl Gibson.
The top pattern is Burda 9745

I sewed it in some very soft brown cotton spandex and used a khaki contrast for the sleeve and neck bands.

The shiny sequin avocado was 50c, from the remnant bin at Spotlight.
Using the same pattern I made a plain black ribbing tee which I sewed on some felt numbers that we found on eBay.
Finally, I made up some face-masks, scrunches and a bucket hat.

I was disappointed with this hat pattern, it was way too big in the brim even though I measured properly and the brim was far too narrow to give any sun protection.

I really enjoy this sort of 'collection' sewing, it is such fun to design and sew a cohesive collection.

Thank you for reading and stay safe and well xx Nicole











No comments:

Post a Comment