So does this skirt pattern.
I used a stretch, pale blue denim I picked up in bulk, off eBay a few years back.
The same fabric I made jeans for Hugo from.
I had to make the waist smaller so we moved one of the belt loops.
Next time I will fit the side seams before top stitching.
I had to pinch quite a bit out and as I had sewn the pockets on already, it was a little fiddly to do.
I had to move the waist button over a tad too and then sewed a press stud to keep the waist flat.
I topstitched but would under stitch the waist facing if it was any other fabric but denim. The topstitching works on denim.
I got muddled sewing the pocket and should have turned the top over an inch but only turned it 1 cm. I didn't realise until after I had sewn it in place.
Next time I would interface the turned piece.
It took me 4 hours to sew.
I could have got a better fit at her hips, I really need to remember to do a few more 'try on's' whilst sewing.
I love it!
It is just what I wanted. I think it looks a little retro and a little modern.
The buttons are light and don't weigh down the skirt, thanks for that advice Mum (I steered her away from traditional jeans buttons as I was concerned they may be a bit heavy NMK) and thank you for the skirt.