Thursday, April 27, 2023

Lekala Shirt #6026 for Jed

*Please note, this Blogpost contains a moving slideshow, take care if photo sensitive*

 I have made many, many shirts for Jed.


He favours a floral lawn, preferably Liberty, but for out family photos I wanted to make something a little more low key.


So I chose a lovely pick a pick (or shot) cotton and sewed it up in Lekala #6026

This pattern is a classic, button up mens shirt, made to measure but the biggest bonus is that it is FREE!


The shirt has a good fullness (which Jed likes for his belly) and a good shoulder width without being over sized.

The collar and collar stand are a nice size, a tie sits nicely under the collar.


I stitched a double row of top stitching, copying a RTW shirt I saw on Pinterest.

The buttons are smoked Mother of Pearl.

The back has a narrow yoke (I sewed a double yoke as it is my preference)

There is also a decent back vent which gives further ease (especially for the tummy)


The shirt is an average length but I think I will add at least an inch to the next sew, to make sure it stays tucked in.

The sleeve length could be a wee bit shorter on Jed, however I noticed in a light fabric, he needs some sleeve length or he wear out the elbows. I would shorter the sleeve by a few cm if I was using a stiffer cotton.

For my second sew with this pattern I used a lovely Liberty Wiltshire from The Drapery


It made up beautifully. 


This time I added collar buttons as Jed had commented that he thought they looked smart.


I do like the cuff with the button on the placket.

And that lovely tuck for shoulder and tummy room.


I think he looks proper smart.

The Wiltshire looks great with his Lekala waistcoat

Overall, I am very pleased with this shirt pattern and I will definitely be sewing many more.


Thank you for reading.... xx Nicole 





No comments:

Post a Comment