Saturday, April 29, 2023

Style Arc Lauren Boyfriend shirt and Lekala #4635 skirt for Nicole

 

I really, really, really like the Style Arc Lauren Boyfriend shirt

From the website 

DESCRIPTION

This boyfriend style shirt is a wearable example of the new trend in shirts. Sleeve interest is such an important part of the current trends and this shirt has a longer than usual cuff with the buttoning at the front. Roll the sleeves up to give an easy, casual look, great over jeans or a pair of slouchy pants. The men's style shirt tails makes this a perfect over shirt.

I have made two before, the navy/white gingham version lives at our beach cottage as part of my holiday capsule wardrobe. The blue floral lawn I gave to my sister as it was a bit big (in retrospect, I should have kept it)
We all keep a selection of clothes at the cottage so we don't need to pack. Not a lot, three outfits that layer well. Some Trixie's things were worn by Hugo!

When I cut those, I cut another from navy/white dotty linen/cotton remnant that I purchased from Spotlight. I had not needed it so didn't sew it.
Over our Summer stay I realised I needed bigger clothes there. I had gained weight. So I sewed up two new outfits, one being blogged here.
I love the deep, back double yoke with hanging loop.

And that fabulous cuff.
Which you can flip, leave down or it rolls nicely too.
As the shirt is an oversized, Boyfriend fit, I can wear it but I would definitely size up when I sew it again. Similar with the matching skirt.


.

This skirt, Lekala #4635 is such a nice skirt.

I sewed it in 2019 and wore it and wore it. When I made it I ended up taking in a quite a bit from the side seams so I was hopeful, even with a good 10kg weight gain I could still use the pattern.

The fabric is a stretchy pale pink denim that I purchased from the Lincraft sales. It is so pretty. I topstitched with heavy, copper coloured jeans thread.


Look, it fits, It is quite comfortable but much the same as the shirt, when I sew it again I will size up.

I do like it though and as my weight fluctuates, I will just leave it in the wardrobe at Bosuns.

Also, I tend to wear trackies and tees most of the time, at the beach. The smart clothes are just if we go into Town and I change when we get back.


The second outfit, dungarees and a puff sleeve tee were a lot more successful and I hope to share those soon.


Thank you for reading... xx Nicole 





No comments:

Post a Comment