Saturday, April 8, 2023

Vikisews Adeline Trouser pattern for Lidia

 

Exciting news, Lidia has been accepted into Medicine. We are so proud of her and she has worked so hard. However, there is a strict dress code so we need to make some trousers. (recommended) 


I found Vikisews while searching milk maid dresses on Etsy, for Tildy (to be blogged) I clciked through to the website and I was very impressed with how High End the clothes patterns were presented. 
The sizing chart is a little different. You purchased one size, with a height and body measurement guide. There are lots of tips on how to measure and the best size to buy depending on what garment you want to sew. There are paper patterns available but I love PDF's so went with that option. 

I had no time to muslin so I sewed the trousers up to the back seam and then fitted. After adjusting the back darts (and altering the paper pattern) I knew we had a tried and true!

I sewed up four pairs over the weekend that Lidia came home. Two pairs the fabric was perfect (medium weight) the other two were a little light weight (in my opinion) however she has worn them over and over during our very hot weather.

This pair was my favourite!

They are sewn in a nubbly, textured, medium weight cotton fabric I purchased from Designer Ends Fabric It was lovely to sew, took a crease well and pressed up nicely.

I used a nude-y pink crepe for the pocket bags, so there would be less chance of them making "hip patches' a huge bugbear of mine on purchased clothes.

Lidia paired them here with her Burda blouse (coincidently, the blouse is sewn from the crepe I used to line the pocket bags).

I also sewed a pair in khaki poly/linen, from my deep stash. I was given it a during a local ladies destash.
Worn here with the Style Arc Roxy shirt
And here with a Vogue blouse that was a wearable muslin for a dress for Elsa.

Pale pink linen/cotton, from Spotlight.

Paired with McCall's 2353 linen shirt.
Finally, a cobalt blue and white stripe cotton/linen, from Spotlight, I had purchased to make an over-shirt.
These turned out so fun!

These trousers have all been on heavy rotation and have held up well to frequent wearing and laundering.
~My Verdict~
I Am In Love.
I am a complete convert. Do yourself a favour and have a look at Vikisews. This pattern was modern and edgy but so well drafted. The instructions are very detailed. Copious construction tips which resulted in a professional, dare I say high end piece of clothing.

If you sign up for the newsletter, which has really good articles on fashion- not just flogging you new patterns, you get  %30 discount and there are frequent sales.
I have since sewed the Sylvie dress for Lidia and I can attest the Adeline trousers were not a one hit wonder.
Worn with Lekala blouse 
~Lidia's Verdict~
I, very last minute told Mumma I was in need of professional trousers for uni.  In super hero mode, she made four pairs of the Adeline trousers and they were perfect!
 They fit me like a glove. I love all the fabrics, the different weights mean that I can still wear them in hot weather.  
The wider leg also means that on colder days, I can layer with tights underneath.
 These pants make me feel so powerful, I love them!

Soooo, that is Vikisews. I can't wait to show the dress I have made!

Thank you for reading .... xx Nicole 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole this are amazing and look so professional please upload more outfit ideas as my daughter is 2nd year med as well and after lots of looking around shops she thinks that maybe mum made is better as everything is so cropped, tight or short and not the right look for med school. I have just checked Vikisews on Etsy and they look so good. She is on the hunt for a tired midi shirt that is not floaty but more aline so the look for the right pattern is now on. Thank you so much for sharing you have inspired both her and myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      How exciting for your daughter (and you). Lidia has an instagram clothes_nicole_sews_i_wear if you would to follow her. She is private (as advised by her mentors) but I shall tell her to look out for you. I am positive she would love to connect with your daughter. We have so many outfits planned. Next is blouses/ shirts with fabulous details but 3/4 sleeves and professional, for Clinical Days. I really look forward to hearing from you. Thank you! xxxx Nicole

      Delete