Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Style Arc Josie Hoodie for Lidia, via Elsa and Me.

For Christmas 2017 I made Elsa a Style Arc Josie Hoodie
I am quite late to the hoodie party, for a long time I refused to even use the word. I called them 'hooded tops' much to my children's amusement.
I hated them being worn at school (the school issues them for sports teams) and I used to place a stocking in the kangaroo pocket of Hugo's every time he wore it. When he finally asked why (after several months of this happening) I told him it was to help facilitate the bank robbery he was obviously planning...
Mum humour.
However, I got over my self and realised there are actually some quite attractive sewing patterns available. 
The Josie being one, we ordered the size 10, hoping it would be slightly big on her and able to fit me (Elsa measured an 8)
From the website 
This designer raglan sleeve hoody with its shaped corded hemline, along with the beautiful funnel neck hood, is a perfect trans seasonal top.
I sewed it up in some gorgeous, very stretchy, pink, unbrushed fleece from Eliza Fabrics ($3/m).It was super wide and from 2m I cut this jumper, some Hudson pants and a Hatteras jumper (to be blogged) for Tilly.
#ninjacutting


The hood has a facing at the opening which you could use a contrasting fabric for, if you wish.
It is a good size hood which would hold a pony tail.
It has a separate, shaped casing that a drawstring cord is threaded through.
You can use eyelets or make button holes.
These are done before attaching the facing/casing.
I actually really liked the raglan sleeve and the shape.
When Elsa decided not to keep it, I took it, hoping it would fit me but I just couldn't handle the feeling of the hood around my neck.
It pulled on my throat and I didn't like the sensation.
So we offered it to Liddy
~Lidia's Verdict~
This fabric is amazing! 
I feel like I am being hugged by a cuddly bear when ever I wear it. The jumper overall is probably a bit big for me but I think that makes it even more comfortable. 
I wore it in the evenings when we went camping at Malala and while all the other kids were grabbing their sleeping bags out their tents and dragging them through the dirt to the camp fire I was nice and warm.
 I was a little nervous about getting it dirty but as mum says "Clothes are meant to be worn"!
Mum and Elsa both tried this jumper but they couldn't wear it with the neckline. I think the fact that it is a bit big on me means it it not tight around my neck. I love it, in fact I am wearing it right now!
As Elsa was heading off to Ireland I made her a few more, from polar fleece.
I don't have photos of these as she left them behind with her host sister, I am actually pretty chuffed about that.
~Elsa's Verdict~
The jumper was super fluffy and extremely warm. I loved how it felt like I was wrapped in a blanket, however I felt like I had to wear the hood up as I didn't like the pull on the neck when the hood was down. It has quite a high neck line.
Overall I loved it, it just didn't suit me.
Thanks's Mum x.
~My Verdict~
I like Style Arc patterns a lot. I have heard a few grumbles that their instructions are too brief but I find all the information is there and I sew Lekala....

I am really sad that this jumper didn't work for Elsa and me. It is a great pattern, sewed up nicely and is very modern.
It just didn't suit us.


Thank you for reading... xx N





2 comments:

  1. Love that last picture! Such beautiful women, and such a strong family resemblance. <3

    I HAAAAAATE anything touching my neck, so I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am very lucky with my gaggle of gorgeous girls.

      Exactly, I love it, just can't 'do' it. I can wear a neck scarf but is has to be silk and very loosely knotted.
      xx N

      Delete